Can Reiki 1 Channels Distant-Heal?
When you walk in to learn Reiki, you are just a beginner. Reiki needs time to cleanse the system and raise your vibration so that you can channel greater amounts of energy. Once you reach a certain level, usually within three to six months of practice, you could learn the second level, in which you will be taught how to send Reiki healing into the past or future, and to someone who is miles away from you.
Every once in a while, though, I come across people who come to learn Reiki solely to help someone – often their sick parents who are far away. To such a person, a three month wait can be very agonizing. It is for these people that I write this.
Let me mention aforehand that I strongly suggest that one stick to healing oneself (and others through hands-on healing) during the first three months of Reiki practice, unless it is really required. Anyhow, the amount of energy one channels during this time is much more feeble than after three months of regular practice. And if you do send anyone distant healing, daily self-healing practice for at least half an hour is an absolute must. (Read How to be a good Reiki channel)
However, I have found that if you are connected by blood – if it is a mother or father, brother or sister, or child that you are healing over a distance, Reiki still helps. Here are a few simple ways of sending your loved ones distant healing.
- Preparation: I recommend that you spend a little time in meditation before sending them the healing.
- Client participation: Request the person you are sending to, to lie down or sit comfortably to receive the energy, where ever they are. This step is optional in case they are not in a condition to do so. However, their consent is a must for healing.
- Time: Spend at least 10 minutes healing the person in question.
- Heal a personal possession. When a person wears something frequently, this object carries their vibration. The most effective way of transmitting healing to them would be to heal an object that they have been wearing or carrying for about 6 months.
- Heal a photograph. Place a photograph of your loved one between your palms and heal it. This photograph could even be on your phone.
- Heal a teddy bear, while imagining that this is that person.
- After Healing: Conclude with your daily self healing.