Its all in the… Brain!
Its all in the… Brain!
Did you know that constant stress can damage the brain?
Luckily for us, Reiki helps, by calming our mind, bringing us to the 7 – 8 Hz, alpha state. Reiki helps stimulate the brain, but why stop just there? Here’s more info on how you can continue to remain sharp and intelligent as you age.
New brain research has shown that the brain constantly renews itself. If you work at it, your brain can learn as much in the second half of your life as you did when you were younger. The key is to give your brain a workout so that it will create new cells and neural pathway connections, thereby creating a higher level of brain functionality.
Positive social interactions are good for your brain as well as your general outlook.
Regular physical activity boosts brainpower by growing new brain cells associated with learning and memory. Aerobic exercise increases the blood flow to the brain and activates the repair formation and growth of brain cells. Get a better brain with less than 30 minutes of physical exercise several times a week!
A “brain healthy” diet means low-fat, low cholesterol choices combined with an abundance of antioxidant foods that are beneficial to the brain. A very high consumption of locally grown fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, legumes, seeds, potatoes, beans, and nuts is good for your brain.
… And What Doesn’t
Constant stress can be a serious “brain drain” as can many underlying medical conditions, such as heart disease or a chronic illness.
A prolonged lack of quality sleep will have an adverse affect on brain function.
Smoking isn’t good for the brain. Also avoid drinking to excess and overeating.
Exercise your Brain!
Here are some brain exercises recommended by Dr. Lorne Label of the Brain Longevity Center:
– Use your non-dominant hand for tasks such as placing a stamp on an envelope, writing, or combing your hair.
– Sweep your eyes across a room. Then spend the next few minutes recalling what you saw, where things were placed, the colors, etc.
– Recall numbers or alphabets in different ways. For eg., subtract 3 from 100; then continue to subtract 3s from each remaining number (100-3=97-3=94-3=91) or say the alphabets in the reverse, as quickly as you can.
– Think of a word. Then name another word which starts with the last letter of that word. Eg: chalk, knife, easel… Continue. You could even choose a category like food, animal or place for this game.
– Playing board games, doing crossword puzzles, sudoku and other mindful activities can help strengthen brain circuits.
We have now conducted over 100 Reiki Workshops in Bangalore!
To celebrate this, we are planning a free group healing camp in March. More details next time.
“After I learned Reiki 1, I have charged my mobile phone through reiki a few times, after it was beeping ‘battery low’. It survived until I got home despite having made a few calls. I have also realised that you do not get any irrelevant calls or SMSs when you give reiki to the phone to charge the battery!”
Reiki 2 Channel, Bangalore
14 Feb: Reiki 1
22 Feb: Reiki 2
28 Feb: Reiki 1