Enhance Reiki Healing with Candles
A candle is one of the most beautiful, gentle tools that can assist a Reiki healer. The energies sent through candle healing are very pure, soft and loving. Of course, it is nice if you use a beeswax candle over a paraffin one, but both work just fine.
Candle healing is the most useful when we want to send continuous healing. When a person is extremely ill, candles can ensure Reiki is being sent throughout the night, and also through the day if required. Personally, I find it more aligned towards healing illnesses and to bring about peace and acceptance. I wouldn’t really use a candle to send healing for a ‘fun’ event – the energies don’t seem to match.
- Hold the candle, aligning it vertically between your palms
- Allow Reiki healing to flow from your palms into the candle
- Request the candle to send Reiki to the person in question, for as long as it burns
- After you are done healing the candle, light it and let it burn
Personally, I prefer to use one candle per person, so I usually use medium sized ones. However, I do know healers who use large candles, and reuse them for different people, blowing them out when the healing is terminated.
Interestingly, the flame of the candle often indicates the amount of energy flowing towards the client. It may vary in different cases, but often we find that the flame flickers continuously if the person is taking plenty of energy, and burns steadily when the healing is done.
Usually I use white candles for healing, as white comprises all the colors. It is also possible to use specific colors, although I feel that might limit the healing sometimes. If you feel intuitively guided to pick a specific color, go for it.
The impact of different colors:
- Violet or purple: spiritual pursuit
- Indigo: improving intuition
- Blue: improving communication with others and self, financial issues
- Green: healing, opening the heart
- Yellow: energy and will power
- Orange: healing sexual issues, deepening artistic expression
- Red: healing chronic fatigue, insecurity, instability, fear
I have been asked if candles can be substituted with oil lamps that are used in most Indian households. Yes, this is also possible. Just Reiki the lamp after you have poured the oil and placed the wick, and then light it. The energy of lamps is slightly different, and can also be used to aid concentration and focus.