Instant Reiki for Emotional Pain
We hear people say something like ‘My heart went out to the poor soul’, but never, ‘My mind (or brain) went out to the poor soul’. Heart is the center for emotions, empathy and true love. Yes, we do need the brain and mind for logical thoughts and decision making in day to day life.
In today’s life with acute relationships problems, sometimes the pain can be so much that it interferes with one’s day to day activities. Imagine an IT professional with a dead line and he/she is sitting at the laptop to finish the work. In spite of a genuine attempt to concentrate, the mind cannot be brought to focus on the problem at hand, it keeps dwelling on the recent emotional pain.
Reiki can, in this situation, provide an instant solution. It goes without saying that it needs deeper work to totally eradicate the problem, but this will bring quick relief for some time.
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- Take some deep breaths. Invoke Reiki.
- Keep the cupped right palm over the front Heart chakra and the left palm over the back Heart chakra.
- Take three long breaths and imagine the breath going through an imaginary tube in the place of the spine, moving up as you breathe in, and down as you breathe out.
- Imagine the pain that is lodged in the cells of the body collecting together and coming to the Heart center.
- Imagine this pain from the Heart center coming into the center of the right palm where there is a healing light that transmutes this pain into love.
- Take three deep breaths and let this process continue.
- Now imagine pure Reiki energy coming into the body through the Crown chakra, going down to the Heart center, collecting in the left palm kept over the back Heart chakra.
- Imagine this Reiki energy mixing with the self-love from the left palm center, and going down through the spine all the way down to your feet and then coming up through the front of the body, all the way to the Crown chakra.
- Take three deep breaths while allowing free flow of this energy
- Now feel the anchoring happening in the area between your palms, in your body.
- Take three deep breaths, thank Reiki and slowly open the eyes.
It is amazing how you feel fresh and at peace and ready to tackle the problem at hand.
If you prefer to do this exercise with audio guidance, check this out.