Balancing Energy in Houses
Clutter is bad energy. The state of your house is a clear insight into yourself. If your house is a mess, then your energies are messy. If your house looks clean, but the closets are messy, then you appear sorted out to those who meet you, but inside you’re a mess and need healing. If the house looks messy but your closets are clean, then it is just the opposite. Messy houses or closets are an indication you need to cleanse your own energies more thoroughly. If you are already practicing self-healing regularly, then get someone else to heal you.
The state of the mind affects the environment, and vice versa. Even if you do clean up, if you haven’t healed your self, then chances are clutter will find it’s way back into your house, but the period of cleanliness will still bring you some respite. If there is clutter, clear it up – either do it by yourself or ask someone to help if it looks too difficult. Once the house is sorted out, clean the energies.
Balancing the energies. For a strong stability, there needs to be a balance of positive and negative energies, yin and yang. Both extremes will create an imbalance, and there will be depression, lack of energy, resentment among family members and in more severe cases, disease.
Here are a few tips to ensure that the energies in your house are balanced.
- Light. A house too dark will automatically accumulate negative energies, and a house too bright will attract too much positive energy. You can’t do much about the amount of light in your house, but it goes without saying, that heavy curtains are better if there is plenty of light and bright, light curtains will help to balance out houses with poor lighting. Use oil lamps and candles frequently to pull the energies up.
- Interiors. If your house is bright, with bright colored flooring to boot, it is very important to have more of browns and deep reds in your house. For dark and dull spaces, use bright yellows, oranges and reds.
- Air circulation is important. Make sure enough windows are open, or if that makes you uncomfortable, open them every weekend for a few hours.
- Colors. Too much white will lead to too much positive energy, and too many dull, lifeless colors will pull the energy down.
- Furniture. Metals and glass represent the water element. If you have too much light, and the furniture is metal and glass, depression will be quite a problem. Wood represents the earth element, and is a wonderful, grounding influence for places with high energy. If you have too little light, then go for light, easy to lift furniture – too much upholstery and heavy furniture will absorb the negativity and make it much harder to cleanse your home.
- Carpets. If you already face grounding issues, make sure that your carpets are red, brown or darker colors. Green can also be ok, but violets, blues and whites will weaken your lower chakras.
- Plants. Several indoor plants absorb toxic energies and clear out the environ. Take care to never place plants in room where people sleep, because they compete with you for oxygen during the night. Anthuriums are great plants to keep in bathrooms, and money plants bring life too.
- Flowers. A bunch of flowers doesn’t cost very much. This small weekly investment will bring life into your living room.
- Leakages and cracks can create a lot of problems in the energy balance of your house. Get it fixed as soon as you can.
It is good to cleanse the energies of your house every once in a while. Click here to see how to cleanse your home of any unwanted energies.