Full Moon Meditation
Full moons are great times to meditate. The tides are high, both inside and outside, and this is the perfect time to clear out the energies that have been holding us back in life.
If you are meditating outdoors: Outdoors is a great idea if this is an option for you. Pick a place where you will not be disturbed, and find a comfortable spot where the moon can shine down on you without obstruction. It doesn’t matter if clouds are hiding the moon, you still receive the energy.
If you are meditating indoors: This is optional – you could create a sacred space. Light an oil/ ghee lamp or a candle. If you are using scented candles, ylang ylang, patcholi, jasmine or sandal are good options. You could burn some incense, and/or leave some fresh flowers floating in a bowl of water.
- Settle into a comfortable posture and start by closing your eyes, and taking a few deep breaths to settle down.
- Imagine the moon overhead, and imagine beautiful, silvery light coming down from the moon, and entering your body from the top of your head. Let this light first energise your whole back, and then spread into your whole body. Allow this energy to surround you in a loving, protective cocoon.
- Now imagine the light healing every cell in your body, healing any damage, any wounds and hurt that exist anywhere. Allow any memories and emotions that come up, to come up freely. Watch them, but don’t analyse them. They are coming up for healing, and they will disappear once healed.
- Next, allow your energies to settle in your lower belly, in the hara center. Become aware of the deep silence in this space, and surrender to this silence. Let go, and just be.
- When you are ready, become aware of your physical body and of the sounds in the background. Rub your palms together, place them over your eyes, and slowly open your eyes.
Other moon related articles: